- Click on Finder on your Macbook and search for Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Click on the “Add Account” button
- Go to the Outlook Menu
- Click on Preferences as shown in the screenshot
- As we need to create a new account with Gmail
- Click on Accounts
- As we will be adding a new Google Workspace / Gmail account, click on “Other Accounts” as shown in the screenshot on right.
- Fill up the details to configure your Google Workspace / Gmail Account
- Enter your full email (firstname.lastname@example.org) address and password
- User name = your full email address (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Server Type = IMAP
- Incoming Server = Imap.gmail.com Use SSL (Port 993)
- Smtp Server = smtp.gmail.com Use SSL (Port 465)
- Click on Add Account as shown in the screenshot on left
- You have just configured your Google Workspace or Gmail account to work with Outlook 2016 on Mac.
- You will start seeing all your Gmail emails now in your Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac.